About Geraldine Oxenham
My name is Geraldine Oxenham and I have a lifelong passion for helping women achieve optimal health for themselves and in turn feel and look truly fabulous without surgery, crazy diets or a ton of strange pills. I am a:
- Health coach
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner (NLP)
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy practitioner (CBP)
- Hypno-Band Weight Loss System Licensed Practitioner
So, what’s my story?
It all started nearly 20yrs ago when I qualified as a Radiographer and went to spend my days and nights caring for people with a wide variety of diseases. What I quickly realised was that prevention really is better than cure and that so many health conditions are made worse by being overweight and other lifestyle habits such as smoking, excessive drinking and stress.
Yet even knowing all this and with an inflammatory joint condition of my own I was equally bad at looking after myself. Like a lot of women, I put everyone else first and neglected my own needs. This meant my stress was through the roof a lot of the time, I eat far too much rubbish and didn’t exercise nearly enough. The result was a complete lack of energy, irritation of my condition and a waistline that seemed to increase year on year.
Through initially studying Hypnosis to help patients with phobias I went on to see private clients for a wide range of issues. These included weight loss, undesirable food relationships or so-called addictions, stress relief and smoking.
Realising that in turn I could help myself go from ‘Ab Fab’ to ‘Totally Fab’ I went on to use everything in my arsenal and became a Health coach along the way. I’m happy to say that now at the grand old age of 40 I really am the happiest and healthiest I’ve ever been.
So, what do I do?
- The Health Coaching part to give you structure, support and accountability week on week
- The Hypnotherapy to help change the unhelpful mindset and programmes you’re running in your brain
- The NLP to teach you a whole bunch of useful tools to support you when I’m not there
- The CBP to help you understand how your thoughts, feelings and emotions are all connected and how to get them to work for you
As well as my professional qualifications, I am also registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register. This is a professional body which has a strict code of standards and ethics which all its members must abide by. I also hold Professional Indemnity Insurance and am registered with the Information Commissioner. Please note also that individual results will vary and that as with any therapy there are no guarantees.