Location: Hoddesdon, St Albans, Hertfordshire and Online
Welcome to Hypnos Wellbeing!
I’m Geraldine, a Health Coach and Hypnotherapist and I’m passionate about helping people like you (and me) achieve their healthiest, happiest, shiniest selves. I specialise in empowering women to throw off the shackles of the stress, anxiety and control that food has over their lives and enabling them to obtain the freedom that they deserve and desire.
I am not just any old Hypnotherapist though, in my tool bag I have more bad ass techniques than you can shake a stick at in order to get you to where you want to be. What’s more when I say ‘where YOU want to be’ I really mean it. We are all amazing, fascinating and complex individuals and I want to honour that in you.
So what do I do then? Well……
- I use the Hypnotherapy and Neuro Linguistic programming to uncover, change and move you on from those unhelpful, outdated programmes that are keeping you and your brain stuck in the same old, same old.
- I use the Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy to shed light on how your thought, emotions, behaviours and physical self are all influencing each other, for better or for worse. Once you can see it all so clearly, you’ll have the power to change it for the better
- I use my Nutritional Therapist qualification to help you tweak your eating so that you’re not only looking better, but you’re feeling better too
- and last but not least the Health coaching is there to set your goals and cheer you on and give you a kick up the bum until you get there. Support and accountability in equal measure my friend!
All of these working together give you the best opportunity to succeed on a mind, body and soul level and get you the life that you desire.
My background is in healthcare which means that I am by nature and training caring, professional, practical and down to earth. I am also hot on dignity and confidentiality. Over the years I feel that I really have seen it all which means I’m pretty un shockable as well as totally non-judgmental when faced with peoples’ issues, problems and behaviours.
It is my mission to help others fall in love with themselves, because I believe it’s the best place to come from in order to achieve anything in life. If we have internal self-hate which causes us to punish ourselves and self-sabotage, then how can we look out to the wonders of the world and enjoy all the opportunities that life has to offer us?
It has taken me many years and a lot of work to finally be in a position where I can love, accept and forgive myself, because for a long time I never felt that I was good enough. There was always someone cleverer, thinner and prettier out there, so I hid and played it safe. After all what was the point of putting myself out there for ridicule, judgement and comparison? Food became my friend, a friend that I used and abused.
When I developed a chronic auto immune condition in my early 20’s I was convinced that I’d caused it and that this was my body giving me what I wanted, a way of punishing myself as I’d so often done.
It was through discovering my spiritual side in my late 20’s that I began to work with my body rather than against it. It didn’t happen overnight though and there were more than a few bumps and dark nights of the soul along the way. In the end, I finally accepted that if I was truly a spiritual creature and connected to something bigger than myself, then I had to work with my body and not against it. Today I can truly say that I love and cherish my whole self with my mind and body working in harmony.
I now believe it is my purpose in life to serve others by helping them too experience this glorious freedom. It is this calling that led me to train as a Hypnotherapist and Health coach, and to continue to learn and improve my knowledge and skills.
That bag of tools I have at my disposable are powerful kick arse stuff. They are also safe, relaxing and natural. I have seen them create amazing and effective transformation in so many peoples’ lives, including my own.
So in summary you’ll be wanting to work with me if you’re after someone:
- Who gets it-I’ve been where you are and succeeded
- Who isn’t a one trick pony- I’m constantly learning and improving my game
- Who wants to work with you- we are a team working together
- Who believes in integrity, empowerment and freedom
Is this for you?
Clients come to me for help with a variety of issues, in particular:
- Weight Loss
- Emotional Eating and Binge Eating
- Dependency/Addiction to Sugar, Chocolate or other foods
- Motivation, especially around moving the body
- Stress and Anxiety
- Confidence and Self Esteem, especially around body image
- Fears and Phobias
So how can you experience this for yourselves and find out more?
The easiest way is to drop me a line at email@example.com or call 07855954428/01992 842646 where we can chat, get to know each other and hatch a plan. I have clinics in St Albans, Hoddesdon and offer Telephone or Online coaching for your convenience.
As well as my professional qualifications, I am also registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register. This is a professional body which has a strict code of standards and ethics which all its members must abide by. I also hold Professional Indemnity Insurance and am registered with the Information Commissioner. Please note also that individual results will vary and that as with any therapy there are no guarantees.